I am addicted… to the delicious healthy iced coffee treat that I wake up to every morning…
It started around 2015 when I purchased a can of vegan protein powder from a vendor at a trade show. I bought it because it was the perfect clean vegan protein. Little did I know that this particular purchase would have so much impact on the rest of my life!
You see, I love cold coffee in the mornings. I love the taste of those expensive sweet iced coffees, but I can’t stand breaking my ketosis so early in the morning. If only there was a healthy iced coffee that offered the delicious sweet iced coffee experience without the sugars… are you feeling me?
I quickly realized that the protein powder that I picked up from the vendor was not only good for me, but also tasted delicious in my iced coffee. In the coming weeks, I would perfect my simple recipe:
- 1 can Organic Coconut Milk *
- 2 scoops “Haley Pro™” Vegan Protein Powder
- optional – 4 oz. Hot Organic Coffee (improves texture significantly)
* Dr. Haley uses Whole Foods 365 brand 13.5 oz. Coconut Milk in the can and Publix Greenwise Organic French Roast coffee
Mix 1 can of coconut milk and two scoops of Haley Pro™ vegan protein powder in a blender. Add a half cup of hot coffee to thin the mixture a bit. Store in a glass jar in the refrigerator. This is your Ice Coffee Creamer.
* Tip: If your room temperature is colder than 75 to 77 degrees, your coconut milk will be “frozen”. Warm it up a bit before adding to the blender to improve the texture of your cream. If your cream is not smooth, the coconut fat was frozen when you made it. The reason I add hot coffee is to make sure the coconut milk temperature gets above it’s freezing point.
Freezing Point of Coconut Oil is 77F (25C)
HEALTHY ICED COFFEE
Make your coffee the night before and keep it in the refrigerator. Then, pour some of your homemade creamer in your cold coffee and enjoy a delightful healthy iced coffee.
WHERE ARE THEY NOW?
Fast forward a couple years, the company that made the protein accidentally named it similar to another brand. They were issue a “cease and desist”. They were going to have to re-brand and start all over. Suddenly, my protein supply was in jeopardy. I had to act fast.
In a few discussions with one of the owners, I was able to negotiate a purchase of the formula and re-brand the product under “Haley Nutrition”. Honestly, I didn’t really care whether or not anyone ever purchased some from me. More important to me… my supply is no longer in jeopardy!
Haley Pro™ Vegan Protein Powder – NEW & IMPROVED!
Vegan Protein Powder (LESS SWEET!)
New skinny container filled almost to top!
Mostly Certified Organic Ingredients!
Vanilla – Less Stevia This Batch!
30 Servings (907 g net wt.)
So I’m sharing my recipe with the world. We coffee lovers need a healthy coffee treat. I’m proud to be the one to make what I believe is the world’s healthiest delicious iced coffee recipe.